FIRST STEP TO EXCELLENCE
HEALTHCARE TRAINING ACADEMY LTD.
PRACTICAL NURSE PROGRAM
PRACTICAL NURSE TRAINING
Program Practical Nurses (PN) function as members of the health team and are actively involved with care throughout the life span. Functioning within the provisions of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act of 2017 (Article 55) and State of Illinois Nursing Rules (Administrative Code: Title 68(b), the practical nurse provides and manages care and participates in teaching and research under the supervision of a registered professional nurse, licensed physician, dentist, or podiatrist. Practical nursing education at our school combines clinical experiences and theoretical knowledge encompassing the nursing process, communication, and the biological and social sciences.
Our Practical Nursing program is a 57-72-weeks full or part-time (allowing for calendar holidays), certificate program preparing individuals to function in the practical nurse role. Individuals completing the course meet the education requirements and are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-PN exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
• Must Be 18 Years of Age Upon Registration
• Certified Nurse Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant Certified EMT, in good standing on Illinois Department of Public Health
• Official High School Transcripts/GED/College Transcripts (unofficial for review, if accepted Official Transcript must be sent):
• International Students must request to have official transcripts sent to a recognized credential evaluation service. The results of the evaluation must be sent from the agency
• GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 Scale
• Three (3) Letters of Reference with Admission Application: One (1) Supervisory Work Reference: Two (2) Character References from Persons Not Related to Applicant: State Issued Picture ID: Social Security card
• HESI (Health Education Systems Incorporated) ENTRANCE EXAM (math, reading, reading comprehension vocabulary). Students will have two (2) attempts to obtain a cumulative score of 80%. Cost of HESI ENTRANCE EXAM $60.00 (money order)
• 500-word essay (topic chosen by Coordinator)
• Current CPR (BLS)
• Physical Exam by a Licensed Physician/Nurse Practitioner (Clinical Requirements Noted in Student Handbook)
• Drug Screen
• COVID vaccine proof
• Required Criminal Background Check-In Compliance with Healthcare Worker Background Check
• Any applicant with disqualifying felony convictions should receive a waiver from IDPH
• SUBMIT ALL INFO TO: firstname.lastname@example.org